Monday, 9 July 2012

Horror Movie and Target Audience

For my coursework I will be making a trailer for a horror movie. The target audience would be aged 18 to 25 as this is mainly the age of those interested in the horror genre. The film would be more aimed towards being jumpy and creepy than a clever, thriller type horror which we can see in films such as “Shutter Island”. This genre has been popular recently however that type of film would be more directed at an older audience who are looking for more than just quick scares. Our film would in some ways meet this type of film due to it being a bit deeper than the classic teen slashers like the “Nightmare on Elm Street series”. I believe the film would mainly interest females due to the main character being a girl and therefore they would be able to relate to how the character feels at certain points in the film. Although males have generally been the main audience in horrors, there has recently been a rise in the popularity of the genre with girls. This could be due to the ‘Final Girl’ concept I will be using that can also be seen in films such as final destination which alternate between female and male main characters. Using women in horrors as actual important characters rather than prey for the killer to quickly slaughter means females are more attracted to the genre therefore I can easily make them our target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment