This film shows the setting of the film/ trailer and includes many of the props I plan to use. This also shows the type of lighting I plan to use; a red light which should create an eerie, horror type atmosphere. This lighting also hints towards the supernatural aspect of the film as this type of light is so unnatural without being overbaring that it just hints that something other worldly is involved. This is useful as in in the trailer it is not until close to the end that the viewer will realise the film is based on supernatural events. This red lighting was created by an industrial heater which was readily available to me as my father owns it. If this had not been an option it would have been slightly harder to find a strong red light on my budget. The only slight issue with using only one light source is the casting of shaddows which can be seen in the above film, on the grandfather clock, however if I added another light at a different angle this may be helped slightly. Therefore I will now need to locate another one of these heaters which I could use freely as purchasing one would be far too costly.
It would be a good idea to have a still photo of the actual lighting source demonstrating how it was moved around and set up.
ReplyDeleteWhat other sources of lighting could you consider using? Document them all.
ReplyDelete