Due to the feedback I received of this cut of the film I found that the scream at the end did not suit the style of the rest of the trailer. This is due to the song used being fairly monotonous and the scream at the end distracted from the tone of the rest of the sound. I chose to remove the scream from the final cut of the video, meaning it will now fade to silence with no extra effects. I had always planned to use a scream at this point in the film in order to provide one jumpy aspect to an otherwise entirely 'creepy' feeling trailer. Changing this aspect meant I had to give up on the idea of including a classic convention which would have been in keeping with the 'Wilhelm Screams' used in many films.
Another piece of feedback I gained prompted me to change the background picture of my poster. I was told the image was way too dark and didn't have the right effect therefore I decided to change the background to give a more clean look by using more white space and placing the pictures to the side instead of taking up the whole page. I think this looks a lot less amateur than the first version and looks like a more realistic film poster.
No comments:
Post a Comment